Wolverine, the 140-year-old boot and clothing brand, and 343 Industries, developer of the Halo franchise, are continuing their partnership for a second year in a row. Following the launch of the Wolverine x Halo Master Chief boot that sold out in less than one minute, this four-boot, limited-edition drop will be available on Mar. 16 exclusively on Wolverine.com for $175 and in select colors on Journeys.com. The Spartan-inspired colorways are Wild Kovan, Foxwood Seal, Scorpion Horvath, and Midnight Frost.
“After a powerful moment with the Wolverine x Halo Master Chief Boot selling out in just a few seconds last year, we’re thrilled to launch this coveted Spartan-inspired boot collection,” states Scott Schoessel, VP of Global Marketing at Wolverine. “This partnership is representative of the unwavering commitment we have to reaching consumers across multiple touchpoints—including gaming. We couldn’t be more excited to give fans a unique way to express their style by way of their favorite media franchise.”
The boots follow last week’s launch of Halo Infinite’s Season 3: Echoes Within that took place. Drawing inspiration from Halo Infinite’s multiplayer experience, the boots take cues from the Spartan’s armor and the customization options in the Halo universe. From the colors to the shape and design, the design aesthetic embraces Halo’s DNA, while providing the comfort, durability, and support of Wolverine. Features include:
- A reflective patch on the tongue inspired by Spartan helmet visors
- UNSC (United Nations Space Command) insignia found throughout the boot
- An UltraSpring high rebound ETPU midsole for a lightweight, energized ride
- Rubber lug outsoles to grip the ground for excellent traction
- Knit and premium full-grain leather upper with TPU rand providing an additional protective layer
- Metallic tipped color pop laces with secondary tonal lace
- Color block hexagonal comfort control lining and removable PU footbed with mesh top liner.
“Every Spartan needs a pair of boots they can count on, and we’re excited to continue our partnership with Wolverine to bring a new range of boots to Halo fans,” says John Friend, head of Halo & Xbox Consumer Products. “With design inspired by the Spartan armors from Halo Infinite’s multiplayer experience, these boots were made to support you on your day-to-day missions.”