In alignment with Superfeet’s purpose to give back and its vision to bring out the awesome in everyone, it seemed only natural to announce its annual grant recipients on Mar. 10, universally recognized as the official International Day of Awesomeness. Superfeet is proud to partner with the following 2020 grantees, all who exhibit awesomeness day-in and day-out by doing important work with far-reaching impact.
- Fisher House | Fisher House provides free temporary housing for military families with loved ones in medical care.
- The Conservation Alliance | The Conversation Alliance works to protect and restore wild places throughout North America for their habitat and recreational uses.
- Disabled Sports Eastern Sierra | This organization works to make the outdoors more accessible by offering year-round outdoor sports and activities to children and adults with disabilities.
- Our Hearts to Your Soles | Provides homeless individuals with free essential foot care, new socks and warm winter boots via a series of nationwide events.
- Medical Teams International | Medical Teams International provides life-saving medical care for communities in crisis around the globe.
- Camp Corral | Weeklong transformative summer camp experiences for children of wounded, injured, ill or fallen military heroes.
Superfeet also looks to make an impact close to home, awarding grants to organizations based in the Pacific Northwest, home to its headquarters for more than 40 years. A complete list of the local grant recipients can be viewed here.
“We continue to pursue ways to ‘be the awesome we want to see in the world,’ whether that’s through partnerships with national organizations, financial support via local grants or by rolling up our sleeves to volunteer in the community,” says Linda Balfour, vice president of marketing for Superfeet Worldwide. “On this International Day of Awesomeness, we’re proud to announce our commitments to these awesome organizations.”
Superfeet, a 100 percent employee-owned company, annually donates one percent of sales and more than 1,000 volunteer hours to non-profit organizations working to make the world a better place.