It’s called Nordstrom Local, a new concept and neighborhood hub where customers can shop and access the department store’s services in a convenient, smaller-sized (3,000 square feet) central location. Much smaller than an average 140,000-square-foot store, this service-focused concept is able to act small because it has no dedicated inventory. Rather, customers who want to shop will have access to Personal Stylists, who can transfer merchandise in for customers, as well as a suite of convenient services like Buy Online, Pick-Up In-Store (available same-day), Alterations & Tailoring, Trunk Club services, manicure appointments and more. Customers will also be able to make returns at Nordstrom Local from Nordstrom stores, Nordstrom.com and Trunk Club.
“As the retail landscape continues to transform at an unprecedented pace, the one thing we know that remains constant is that customers continue to value great service, speed and convenience,” states Shea Jensen, Nordstrom senior vice president of customer experience who led the Nordstrom Local initiative. “We know there are more and more demands on a customer’s time and we wanted to offer our best services in a convenient location to meet their shopping needs. Finding new ways to engage with customers on their terms is more important to us now than ever.”
Nordstrom Local will have one styling suite and eight dressing rooms surrounding a central meeting space where customers can sit comfortably, enjoy a glass of wine or beer and chat with their Personal Stylists. Customers will also find Alterations & Tailoring and Order Pickup at the entrance, and items can be hand-delivered to a customer’s car via Curbside Pickup.
This concept store will launch Oct. 3 in Los Angeles (8401 Melrose Place), the same day its Westside Pavilion store relocation to Century City.
The full list of services available at Nordstrom Local includes:
- Personal Stylists – A Nordstrom Personal Stylist can help customers with everything from a little fashion advice to a whole new wardrobe to finding the perfect gift at any budget. Customers can make an appointment with a stylist online, over the phone or in-person.
- Buy Online, Pick-Up In-Store – Customers can shop Nordstrom.com and pick up their purchases at Nordstrom Local on the same day, if ordered before 2 p.m.
- Onsite Alterations & Tailoring – Customers can get professional alterations and tailoring at Nordstrom Local. On-site tailors will assure that any garment fits perfectly, from a simple jeans hem to a meticulously tailored suit.
- Same-Day Delivery – Available for completed alterations or purchases, and delivered directly to a customer’s home on the same day, if ordered by 2 p.m.
- Curbside Pickup – Alterations and Buy Online, Pick-Up In-Store orders can be hand-delivered to a customer’s car via Nordstrom Local’s Curbside Pickup.
- Trunk Club & Trunk Club Custom – Another convenient location for customers to meet a Trunk Club Stylist or pick up or return a trunk. The Nordstrom team of expert tailors will help customers select the right fabrics or create a Trunk Club Custom garment that suits them perfectly from workweek to weekend.
- Nordstrom Gift Card – Nordstrom donates 1 percentof all Gift Card sales to nonprofits in local communities.
- Style Boards – Nordstrom Style Boards is a new salesperson tool that allows salespeople and Personal Stylists to create digital boards filled with personalized fashion recommendations, like a summer vacation or wedding, which customers can view on their phone and purchase directly through Nordstrom.com. In addition to fashion recommendations, customers can get the expert advice of a salesperson or Personal Stylist by having a conversation with them through the app.
- Nail Services – Nordstrom Local offers eight different manicure services to help customers complete the perfect look.
- Easy Returns – Customers can make returns at Nordstrom Local from Nordstrom stores, Nordstrom.com, and Trunk Club.
- On-Site Refreshments – Nordstrom Local will serve a full beverage menu including California-sourced beer and wine, cold-pressed juices from Pressed Juicery, and handcrafted espresso drinks from our Nordstrom Ebar.