Famous Footwear, a division of Caleres, launched Famously YOU Rewards today, a new and improved loyalty program that builds on its more than 20-year history of rewarding customer loyalty and delivering valuable savings when shopping for shoes. The new rewards program is more personal and relevant to today’s customer by rewarding customers where and how they shop with Famous Footwear.
“We saw a significant opportunity to improve how we connect with our customers,” states Molly Adams, president of Famous Footwear. “We’re increasing our focus on customer loyalty to ensure members feel valued, are rewarded with our best savings, and receive communications that are more engaging.”
The new program branding features a fresh, engaging look that’s designed to be more personal, current and relevant—with a focus on the customer, in name, copy and design. The program remains free to join and all previously enrolled members in Famous Footwear Rewards have been automatically transitioned into Famously YOU Rewards. Members maintain all previously earned tier-level benefits and Reward earning opportunities.
The program was built on insights from extensive customer research to focus on what customers want most in their loyalty program. The first new benefit—free shipping for online orders, every day for all members, with no minimum—was pre-released in mid-February. The free shipping benefit encourages the program’s more than 11 million active members to shop across channels and attracts new customers in a competitive online shopping environment. To further reward cross-channel purchase and accelerate Reward earning, the new program awards members bonus points when they purchase online or engage in the app.
In addition to free shipping and new bonus point earning opportunities, program members continue to benefit from:
- The opportunity to earn points for every dollar spent—the more a customer spends, the more rewards they earn
- Reward Cash, which has a new name driven by customers who perceived a more tangible and immediate understanding of the value of rewards for points earned
- The program’s two-tier structure, now named Star and Superstar (those who spend $200 in 12 months), with Superstars earning points 50 percent faster
- Bigger, better birthday gifts, and double points for purchases made during the member’s birthday month
- Early access and special sales throughout the year
- Bonus points days throughout the year, giving members more opportunities to build points faster
- Additional opportunities to be rewarded for specific behaviors, which will increase reward earning potential through points
- Support of Famous Footwear’s charitable partnerships by awarding members with double points for all purchases that include a donation to long-time partner, March of Dimes, during this spring’s fundraising campaign
- Flexible redemption, with the ability to create and redeem Reward Cash anytime, whether shopping in stores, on famous.com, or on the Famous Footwear app
Future program enhancements will continue to put the customer first, providing him or her even more flexibility and value across channels. Members-only promotions and additional benefits will be launched throughout the year to surprise members.