In these unprecedented times, the Footwear Distributors & Retailers of America (FDRA) will not be deterred in recognizing those companies and individuals who made a lasting and dramatic impact on our industry in 2019 through increased sales, enhanced e-commerce engagement, effective advocacy and dynamic discussions. To that end, in lieu of our normal awards dinner with the FDRA board of directors, we have unveiled recognition of our award winners using several platforms and digital tools, including: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brPTmdHnvTc&feature=youtu.be.
For those who prefer to read it the old-fashioned way…
• FDRA Sales Survey Top Performer: Foot Locker, Inc. Given to the company that exhibited the top sales comp percentage growth between 2018 and 2019.
• FDRA E-Commerce Top Performer: Designer Brands, Inc. Given to the company that exemplifies e-commerce growth in footwear sales from a volume or percentage growth perspective.
• FDRA Company Advocate of the Year: Marc Fisher Footwear. Given to the company that goes above and beyond the call of duty to advocate on behalf of the footwear industry. In the age of the China Trade War and additional duties on footwear, Marc Fisher and his entire company worked diligently to engage the Trump Administration on the need to avoid added duties on footwear.
• FDRA Individual Advocate of the Year: Rick Muskat, Deer Stags. Given to the individual who showed selfless devotion to the cause of the American footwear industry. With one impassioned speech to the Section 301 government panel during seven days of hearings, Rick Muskat captured the hearts and minds of those who heard his story and the impact tariffs would have on his employees and the Deer Stags consumer. Our industry has never been more passionately and effectively represented than when Rick made his remarks in June of 2019.
• FDRA Footwear Collaborators of the Year: Hisham & Kari Muhareb,American Events/The Materials Show. Given for their exemplary selfless service to FDRA and the entire footwear industry. They continue to go above and beyond in support FDRA’s educational and industry-wide collaborative efforts on material innovations and sustainability, and continue to provide brands with great trade shows to help them find inspiration for the next great pair of shoes.
• FDRA Shoe-In Show Standout: Geoff Green, Foot Locker. Given to the individual who not only has a compelling story to share with the Shoe-In Show fans but also is passionated and impactful in the work they do for the footwear industry. Geoff’s HR leadership continues to make a difference and we appreciate all his efforts in driving and promoting diversity and inclusion within our industry.