The footwear that stormed the runways at Paris Fall ’15 fashion week was anything but boring. From over-the-knee patent leather boots at Saint Laurent to classic cap-toe heels worn by every model at Chanel, there will be something for everyone come fall.
1. Postmodern, post-pop or hyperreal, no matter what you call Miuccia Prada’s collection for Miu Miu there is no denying that the phantasmagoria of patent and glitter shoes deserves a place at the top of the list.
2. Lanvin slithered into our hearts with these draw-string, python block-heel booties.
3. Mod-era, round-toe go go boots imagined with colorful graphics reigned supreme at J.W. Anderson’s collection for Loewe.
4. Laurence Dacade, Chanel’s shoe designer, outfitted each and every one of the show’s models in classic, toe-capped, mid-heeled slingbacks.
5. Gesturing at the brand’s heritage while simultaneously looking toward the future, Nicolas Ghesquiere’s pumps for Louis Vuitton were timeless.
6. Woven slippers at Celine were bedecked with crystals and pearls—a playful alternative to the ballerina flats of yore.
7. Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen slipped in these victorian lace booties amongst a sea of skintight tapered patent leather boots to our great delight.
8. Equal parts tailored and free-spitted much like the Chloe girl who wears them, these lace-up boots charm in chocolate brown.
9. Velvet, the must-have fabric of the fashion season looked especially lush on these Givenchy boots.
10. Short boots imagined in rich tapestry brocade carried models down Dries Van Noten’s runway.